• Guest Post: Remembering Tuscany

    Hello, this is Caroline aka Carrie from Carrie Can chipping in while Rachel is traveling.

    To be honest, I'm a bit envious, I wish it was the other way around and it was me relaxing in Italy.

    Long winding roads, pittoresk villages, vineyards and olive trees stretching as far as the eye can see... Yes, that's my idea of Italy. I must say that my first impression of the country wasn't altogether positive. Let me first clarify that this didn't actually take place in Italy but in my parents' kitchen.

    My mom, probably tired of the rainy Belgian winters, had the wonderful (at least to herself) idea of giving the kitchen a Tuscany feel. Read yellow wallpaper and blue wallpaper borders. Well it was definitely bright and at the age of twelve I hugely disliked it.

    This is why yellow has long not been a favourite interior colour for me. But we must all learn to reconsider our views once in a while, and I must say that a few photos have popped out that caught my eye.

    I'm even considering to introduce some yellow to my own home. Although I probably use it a bit more sparingly (sorry mom).





    Photo 1: http://thebeautifulsoup.com/post/31042311294/found-via-my-first-little-place
    Photo 2: http://www.yellowtrace.com.au/2010/12/10/lo-bjurulf/
    Photo 3: http://gallery.apartmenttherapy.com/photo/2012housetourrainarobert/item/334307

     - Caroline



    0 comments → Guest Post: Remembering Tuscany

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for your lovely comments! They make my day!