• Mellow Monday: Italy

    Happy Monday everyone! Hope my American readers had a lovely Thanksgiving. The last few days my husband and I have started to plan a trip to Italy and Spain. We want to start in Rome and then go to Florence and Venice and then back down to Rome and then explore Capri and Sicily! We are in the very beginning of our planning stage and so if you have any suggestions for us I would love to hear them! We will be in Italy for two weeks and then another two weeks in Spain next year around September and October. :)


    Row 1: irenesuchocki, flowersandbutterflies
    Row 2: sfgirlbybay, carambatack


    See the entire gallery HERE>>


    15 comments → Mellow Monday: Italy

    1. I'm officially jealous. You're hitting all the spots I'd love to visit in Italy. I hope you have a lovely time and that you get to share tons of photos with us.

    2. if you can do lake como, i would highly recommend it. bellagio is gorgeous and a visit to the Hotel D'Este is beyond beautiful. also i loved barcelona so much. we stayed at the roommate emma and it was fantastic. of course there's all of gaudi's places, especially La Sagrada Família.

    3. You didn't say when you were travelling, and this makes a huge difference. Maybe fly into Milan and take trains to Venice & Florence then down to Rome and go further South. I've been everywhere in Italy, it's my favorite country hand's down. Wonderful scenery, wonderful food, wonderful people. I've done many blog posts on the Amalfi Coast and some of my blog buddies have taken a hint or two on hotels, etc. Let me know what you're interested in. Marsha

    4. I'm so jealous! I want to go to Italy so much its ridiculous!!!

    5. Awesome photos, I can't wait to travel to Italy next month!

      www.pensandpencilskirts.com

    6. The few cities sound like a lovely start to your travel plan. I was also planning for a trip to Italy but various things got in the way...love that flickr gallery you curated. Su

    7. Vichuta na Pombejara said... November 29, 2011 at 7:11 AM

      I know an art oriented b&b just opposite Rome train station.The owner is very friendly.All rooms are decorated based on the four elements : earth , wind ,fire and water.I can also recommend a 2 stars hotel , just 100 meters from Firenze train station.You will love this small hotel!The decoration are from Firenze flea market!The hotel where I stayed in Venice is also very nice!It decorated with murano chandelier and lots of murano art glass.The room is big but no tv. , no fridge no microwave.

      I love small hotels which run by the owner!

    8. Oh these photos are beautiful, I miss Italy so much. And the sunshine :)

      <3
      K

    9. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and
      inspiration, both of which we all need!b Keep 'em coming... you all do
      such a great job at such Concepts... can't tell you how much I, for
      one appreciate all you do!

    10. What gorgeous pix! Makes me wanna escape...

    11. Thank you for writing and taking us along on a trip, great photos, beutiful blog

      http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    12. How exciting! What a wonderful treat to look forward to!:)

    13. Ooh, my boyfriend and I have long been hoping to plan a trip to Italy. It's great to read the suggestions and I look forward to reading more!

    14. Beautiful pictures! I especially love the top right image with the old doors, and the casual planter wall made of stones. Thanks for an inspiring post!

    15. HI. I'm an italian reader and I want to suggest you to visit also Bologna. It is a very beautiful city and if you go from Venice to Florence you need to stop there and change train. If you don't have time you can plan a small visit 4 hours. Please also eat the famous "tortellini" there.
      if you want more suggestion write me without problem. Sara

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for your lovely comments! They make my day!