• Mellow Monday: Building Facades

    My husband came home from work last night and asked me what I had done that day. I told him I went to Rome and Paris. He wasn't quite sure what I meant. I went on to explain that I had been on google earth and I was able to travel down the city streets and look at the Coliseum, the Eiffel tower and the Arc de Triomphe in a perspective view. Its actually very cool and I highly recommend checking it out! Read below to find out how you can do it too!

    I think what I loved most was checking out the lovely building facades and going down the beautiful streets. Here are some gorgeous photos of buildings from some of my favorite photographers on flickr.

    Row 1: ourcitylights, cassia
    Row 2: irenesuchocki, bellarosebyliz

    See the entire gallery HERE>>


    To navigate around Google Maps you go to http://maps.google.com and then type in where you want to go. All you do is zoom in until you see a little yellow man and then it will take you into street mode and then you can click on the arrows to move around. They don't have every place in the world but most of the bigger site seeking places are on there. If you decide to do some virtual traveling have fun!
    Here are some places I have visited. :)

    7 comments → Mellow Monday: Building Facades

    1. Beautiful photographs.
      Teresa

    2. i just found your blog, i love it. what a great combination of subject areas.

      best

      Sab@

      http:fromblank.blogspot.com

    3. oh, I would love to get lost in Paris all over again!
      such a cool site!
      xx
      callie

    4. ooo...now you have me longing for Paris & Rome...I was last there about 3 years back & dying to go back!

    5. Rachel this is the most amazing idea ever!!! I will have to try this!!! =)

    6. You know I never thought of using google earth that way. Thanks so much for sharing.

    7. I love doing this too! my husband is kind of obsessed with google maps :)

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for your lovely comments! They make my day!